Sunday, 26 February 2012

Training is well and truly underway for the XLCharityRiders; with Dave promising to attend a pilates class this Tuesday and Richard giving his 'rollers' a good battering in front of the television. But lest we forget there are three more XLCharityRiders that make up this team of intrepid fundraisers. So this week I am looking to the third of of the XL's… Sean Bailey. Sean is 53 years old, married with two grown up daughters and two grandkids. He can wiggle his ears and has a Japanese brother. Sean's motivation for the bike ride isn't the pursuit of the feel good factor of doing something for charity (although he does admit that's a bonus) rather, it's the fact that he's been bullied into it by Dave. A thing I can believe, since Dave can nag so hard, he can give your bottom a headache!!! Having said this, Sean admits that Dave's nagging started a ripple effect as he consequently decided to coerce his ex-army friend; the elusive Chunky Doyle into volunteering for the ride. If I was a gambling gal, I'd be willing to bet that Sean will do well at this, since he's owned a TREK 73 for a couple of years and frequently rides it to work and back, which he estimates is about 10 miles each way. Sean is also used to pain as he is a long suffering Forest Fan… so any bum twinges should be a breeze!!! I'm just wondering if a bit of ear wiggling might help with his aerodynamics. You never know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment